The Parents Leadership Council is a group of highly engaged parents who are eager to be involved on campus and make a direct impact on undergraduate student life. A primary focus of the Parents Leadership Council is to support the Parents Grants Program. Through their financial commitment of annual gifts of $2,500 or more, they are able to help determine where financial assistance from UGA parents is most needed by administering grants to critical departments on campus. For example, the council supports:
- The Needs Based Scholarship Endowment, a fund that provides financial assistance to students who have substantial need and who, even with the HOPE scholarship and Federal Pell Grant, are unable to afford the total cost of attending the University of Georgia
- The University Health Center’s Counseling and Psychiatric Services, a group of dedicated and clinically trained professionals who provide individual and group therapy, psychiatric services, psychological testing and nutritional counseling for UGA students.
- The Division of Academic Enhancement Tutorial Program, a program that offers free tutoring for over 25 academic subjects to ensure that first-rate academic support is available to all undergraduate students.
- Designated Dawgs, a volunteer organization that provides safe, free rides from downtown Athens.
- The Student Affairs Emergency Fund, a fund that provides resources to students who experience unexpected financial hardships from unforeseen medical costs or travel costs due to a family emergency, for example.
The annual commitment also funds bi-annual Parent Leadership Council events and programming, which allows parents to network with each other and visit campus.
The council also supports the President’s Venture Fund, which allows the President to award immediate financial assistance to important projects on campus.
For more information on the Parents Leadership Council, contact email@example.com or 706-542-8147. We have online options to fulfill your Parents Leadership Council commitment in one payment. If you would like to divide your commitment into multiple payments, we can make this process simple and easy too. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Thank you for your support of the Parents Leadership Council and of UGA.
About Our Grants
A primary focus of the UGA Parents Leadership Council is to support the Parents Council Grants Program. Donations to the Parents Leadership Council and the Parents Fund are used to provide grants to University schools, colleges, units, departments/divisions or recognized student organizations for projects and programs which enhance the quality of life for undergraduates.