- 1 Departments and Duties
- 2 Establishing Funds
- 5 Requesting Funding
- 6 Requesting Data
- 6.1 Alumni Requesting Their Own Data
- 6.2 GAIL User Requesting Data Lists
- 6.3 Non-GAIL User (UGA Employee) Requesting Data Lists
- 6.4 Non-UGA Employee Requesting Data Lists (usually a volunteer)
- 6.5 Outside Vendors Requesting to use Data on Behalf of the University
- 6.6 Outside Vendor Requesting Data Lists for Printing Only (no design or consulting work)
Effective Date: 01/01/2004
Last Updated: 05/15/2015
Policy Owner: McAllister, Maggie
An endowed gift is one in which the original principal is never invaded and the gift exists in perpetuity. Endowments are generally funded within five years of the initial contribution. Income is distributed annually pursuant to spending policies adopted by The University of Georgia Foundation and no income will be distributed until the endowment is fully funded.
There is no limit for donating gifts to already existing endowments, but the following schedule lists the minimum requirements for establishing new endowments. Please note that the actual types of support provided by the endowments will be specified in the fund agreement.