The University of Georgia Foundation Check has been Misplaced or Not Received by the Vendor :: Checks Reissued :: Expenditure Control :: UGA Foundation


Check has been Misplaced or Not Received by the Vendor

POLICY: 8.13.2
Effective Date: 01/01/2004
Last Updated: 12/02/2009

If the stale check is not available, it will be considered lost or stolen. Again, a written request (email, memo, etc.) from the vendor or department is required to issue a replacement check and the written request must explain the reasons and circumstances for replacement. Please send this written request along with the original check request number to the Expenditure Control Department for processing.

Checks for a different vendor name or amount will require a new check request with new supporting documentation meeting the requirements of Section B of these policies. Before the new check request is processed for payment, the original check must be cancelled and the funds placed back into the respective account.

Outstanding checks older than 12 months that have not already been replaced are automatically cancelled and are no longer valid. At that time, the respective University units/departments are notified of this occurrence. The funds for checks voided are credited back in the account which funded the original check as miscellaneous income with the exception of budgeted accounts. The unit/department is responsible for investigating whether or not amounts are still owed to the payee. If amounts are still owed, please contact the Expenditure Control Department for a replacement check as outlined above.