Ruth Bartlett named 74th president of UGA Alumni Association
Ruth Bartlett, an audit partner at Frazier & Deeter in Atlanta, has been named the 74th president of the University of Georgia Alumni Association. Her two-year term began on July 1.
Bartlett is a 1976 graduate of UGA and has been in public accounting for more than 35 years, joining Frazier & Deeter in 1990. She became the first female partner and served as the head of the firm’s audit department for more than 15 years. She was the first female president of the Georgia Society of CPAs and the first woman to receive the organization’s Meritorious Service Award. She has been on the Georgia Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Board of Trustees for more than 20 years.
Bartlett has also shown a steadfast commitment to supporting her alma mater. She is a past recipient of the Terry College of Business Distinguished Alumni Award and has been a member of the Terry College Alumni Board, serving as president in 2005. She joined the UGA Alumni Association in 2008, most recently serving as vice president. In 2014, she helped form the Hilton Head Chapter of the UGA Alumni Association. Bartlett is also interested in the education and mentoring of UGA students.
“Our board is excited to engage our exceptional students with our alumni family through regional programs and signature events, such as Bulldog 100, 40 Under 40 and the UGA Day tour,” she said.
As part of her responsibilities as president, Bartlett also joins the UGA Foundation Board of Trustees and the UGA Athletic Association Board of Advisors.
“The university has benefited from Ruth’s leadership for more than a decade,” said Meredith Gurley Johnson, executive director of alumni relations. “She is a driven leader who will help guide the Alumni Association as it enhances its engagement efforts in the university’s upcoming comprehensive campaign.”
In addition to Bartlett, the following individuals are also beginning two-year terms on the UGA Alumni Association Board of Directors:
· Jody Corry, vice president and corporate counsel, Athens Regional Health Services, Athens.
· April Crow, senior director of environment and sustainability, The Coca-Cola Company, Atlanta.
· Yvette Daniels, director of health promotion, Georgia Department of Public Health, Stone Mountain.
· Lex Kenerly, orthopedic surgeon, Bone & Joint Institute of South Georgia, Jesup.
· Luther Lockwood, managing principal, MBL Advisors Inc., Charlotte, North Carolina.
· Robbin Conklin Steed, vice president of community relations and sales marketing, The Networks of 11Alive, Sharpsburg.
· Robert Watts, law clerk for Judge Steve C. Jones, U.S. District Court-Northern District of Georgia, Atlanta.
· Lee Zell, account executive, Turner Sports, Atlanta.
Ex-officio members joining the board for a one-year term include:
· Audrey Lewis, president, UGA Graduate Student Association.
· Lyddy O’Brien, president, UGA Student Alumni Council.
· Johnelle Simpson, president, UGA Student Government Association (and also an ex officio trustee of the UGA Foundation.)
The UGA Alumni Association
The UGA Alumni Association proudly supports the academic excellence, best interests and traditions of Georgia’s flagship university and its more than 288,000 alumni worldwide. For more information, see www.alumni.uga.edu.