March 4, 2016
The University of Georgia Board of Visitors welcomed 32 new members at its recent quarterly meeting in Atlanta. It is the largest class of new members in the board’s six-year history.
The Board of Visitors serves to establish new relationships and strengthen longstanding ties between the state’s flagship university and its elected officials, business leaders and community organizations. As ambassadors for the university, members acquire an in-depth knowledge of UGA’s accomplishments in teaching, research and service.
New members and their business affiliations include:
• Brian Beckwith, CEO, Formation Capital LLC
• Robert Benham, associate justice, Georgia Supreme Court
• Jennifer Bennecke, president, Jenson Strategic Partners
• Rudy Beserra, vice president of Latin affairs, Coca-Cola
• Otis Brumby III, publisher, Marietta Daily Journal and Neighbor Newspapers
• Rodney Bullard, vice president of community affairs, Chick-fil-A Foundation
• Natalie Childs, community volunteer
• Timothy Echols, chair, Public Service Commission
• Amanda Eversole, president, Center for Advanced Technology and Innovation, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
• Aaron James, vice president of development and membership, Georgia Aquarium
• Kim Jones, CEO, Sweetwater Brewing Company
• Mary Pat Matheson, president and CEO, Atlanta Botanical Gardens
• Geoffrey Meacham, analyst, Barclays
• Ceasar Mitchell, president, Atlanta City Council
• Hala Moddelmog, president and CEO, Metro Atlanta Chamber
• Jann Moore, state government affairs manager, Caterpillar Inc.
• Brand Morgan, director, Brand Banking Company
• James Morgan III, president, J.L Morgan Company Inc.
• Michael Potts, president and CEO, Lancope
• Elizabeth Ralls, editor-in-chief, Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles
• Elizabeth Richards, community volunteer
• Christian Robinson, vice president, J.P. Morgan
• Samuel Smith, president, Rainmaker and Associates Inc.
• Richard Stamper, founder and chairman, Fineline Technologies
• Catherine Tabor, CEO, Sparkfly
• Charles Tarbutton, Sandersville Railroad Company
• Ryan Teague, executive council, Office of Governor Nathan Deal
• Kirby Thompson, senior vice president of government affairs, SunTrust Bank
• Jane Thorpe, senior counsel, Alston & Bird LLP
• Pat Upshaw-Monteith, executive director, Leadership Atlanta
• Neil Williamson, director of marketing, Cox Radio Atlanta
• Scott Williamson, vice president of public affairs and communications, Coca-Cola
UGA President Jere W. Morehead offered his thanks to those serving on the board.
“I am grateful that you have chosen to participate in this important organization and to support the university’s ongoing effort to communicate the good news of our great institution to your respective constituencies,” Morehead said.
“We have a compelling story to tell that only gets better with each passing day,” he continued. “I sincerely appreciate the commitment of our board members to serve in these key roles supporting the university.”
“We are honored to have such an outstanding class of new board members representing our institution,” said Keith Mason, a University of Georgia Foundation trustee, who chairs the Board of Visitors. “This group offers a broad range of business, civic, cultural, philanthropic and community experience that allows us to reach a broad cross-section of Georgia.
“The Board of Visitors offers a superb platform from which to extoll the virtues of the state’s flagship institution of higher education. I look forward to working with each member in the coming months and years, and to fulfilling the board’s mission of supporting teaching, research and service at the University of Georgia.”
Board of Visitors members serve two-year terms and are invited to participate in quarterly luncheon programs that focus on topics of importance to the university and the citizens of Georgia.