At a Glance
What: A marketing toolkit to engage students in UGA traditions, giving, and initiatives that connect them to alumni
Audiences: All undergraduate and graduate students
Why: The Student Alumni Council connects students to alumni, celebrates UGA traditions, and provides opportunities to give back.
The Student Alumni Council serves as the official ambassador group for the UGA Alumni Association and the Division of Development and Alumni Relations (DAR). This group of student leaders cultivates an affinity for UGA among students to advance the connection of the Bulldog family through campus events, professional connections and lifelong friendships.
This toolkit provides language, graphics, and other marketing resources to help the Student Alumni Council (as well as DAR staff) celebrate UGA traditions, cultivate student philanthropy, and connect students to alumni.
How you can help
- Use the provided marketing toolkit to help promote student engagement on SAC and personal social media accounts.
- Reshare content from SAC’s social media handle: @UGA_SAC
- Reference this toolkit when producing marketing collateral, such as T-shirts, giveaways, fliers, posters, etc.
- Leverage the messaging elements when tabling and speaking to students about giving, connecting with UGA, and what it means to be a Bulldog after graduation.
- BE CREATIVE AND HAVE FUN!
Our message includes so much more than what we say; it’s also how we say it. Through the words we choose and how we choose to employ them, we can maintain a consistent voice and contextually relevant tone to craft a story that feels personal and real.
Tone / Style / Personality
The council logo serves as the primary visual identifier of the Student Alumni Council. To allow flexibility, we provide banner, formal and horizontal versions of the logo. As consistent presentation is vital in strengthening brand recognition and impact, modifying these logos is prohibited.
When it is used thoughtfully, typography becomes a powerful brand tool that can add visual meaning to what we communicate. Georgia’s typography communicates clearly and cleanly, and is flexible for a wide range of situations.
Oswald is our primary sans-serif family and works best for headlines, pull quotes, and callouts.
Merriweather Sans, our secondary sans-serif, used for headlines, subheads, lead-ins, pull-quotes, body copy, callouts and captions.
Have Heart, our primary script, is used for headlines, lead-ins, callouts
Using color appropriately is one of the easiest ways to make sure our materials reflect a cohesive Georgia brand. Beyond our logo, color is the most recognizable aspect of our brand identity. The elements of our palette have been given names that reflect their inspiration.
C3 M100 Y70 K12
R186 G12 B47
C0 M0 Y0 K100
R0 G0 B0
C0 M0 Y0 K0
R255 G255 B255
C0 M93 Y79 K0
R228 G0 B43
C97 M0 Y30 K0
R0 G163 B173
C35 M12 Y100 K0
R180 G189 B0
C100 M12 Y21 K44
R0 G78 B96
C44 M74 Y21 K58
R102 G67 B90
These are visual elements that help define the Student Engagement brand. They set this brand apart from other sub-brands at UGA:
- Illustrations should be chosen based upon their appropriateness to the event or theme.
- Geometric Shapes
- Geometric shapes can be used on both a large and a small scale to provide energy in compositions.
- 17.85° Angle
- Angles can be used to add texture, shape and dimension to design and photography. Our angle is positioned at 17.85° honoring the year UGA was founded. For this campaign, we are focusing on various color blocks rotated at 17.85° degrees positioned behind the promotional mark and/or over photography.
- Line Drawings + Squiggles
- Lighthearted line drawings and squiggles should be drawn on top of photography to add extra context and energy.
For examples of these elements at work, see the Samples section below.
We’ve provided digital graphics that can be customized by the user for any event, campaign or initiative.
We’ve captured photos of students, events and programs for you to use in creating your own student-facing content.
We’ve produced a video that captures the Student Engagement brand.
Programs and Initiatives
- More resources coming soon!
- Learn more at uga.edu/ring
Here are a few examples of past design work to lean into for inspiration and guidance.