About the program
The Board of Visitors was founded in 2010 with the goal of strengthening long-standing ties between the state's flagship university and its elected officials, business leaders and community organizations.
Board of Visitors members serve as advocates on the university's behalf. Members help increase awareness about UGA's teaching, research and service mission. By spreading the word about the important work being done by its students, faculty and staff, members help build a constituency with a strong knowledge-base and passion for UGA.
Board of Visitors members include in-state or out-of-state residents who are active in their communities and who have reached a discernible level of prominence in their fields. The selection committee is looking for candidates who are willing to:
· Serve on the board for two years
· Attend four lunch programs (two each year) held in the Atlanta or Athens area
Nominations for both UGA alumni and non-alumni are welcomed. Nominating diverse candidates is encouraged.
It is very important to enter each nominee’s correct email address as additional required information will be requested from nominees using the email address submitted in the nomination form.
Important Dates for the 2018 Board of Visitors nominations
· October 12, 2017: Nominations open
· December 31, 2017: Nominations close
· January 30, 2018: Board of Visitors Class of 2018 is selected
· The Class of 2018 will be introduced at the 2018 Board of Visitors spring meeting.