Class of 2017-2019 nominations are open!
About the program
The Board of Visitors was founded in 2010 and originated as an advancement outreach initiative from the University of Georgia Foundation Board of Trustees Development and Public Affairs Committee.Board members are asked to serve a two year term and attend programs toincrease their awareness of the university and its presence around the world. Board members consist of citizens of the state of Georgia and beyond, who are active in the community and have reached a discernible level of prominence in their field. Through their connection to the University, board members can actively engage in helping to take the positive message of UGA to their own community, serve as proponents of the good work that occurs on campus among the students and faculty, and ultimately, build a constituency with a strong knowledge base and passion for advocacy for the University of Georgia.
The Board of Visitors selection committee is looking for elected officials, business leaders, and directors of community organizations who are willing to:
· Serve on the board for two years
· Submit a photo for the Board of Visitors website
· Attend six lunch programs (three each year) held in the Atlanta area
Nominations for both UGA alumni and non UGA alumni are welcomed and nominations of diverse candidates are encouraged. It is very important to enter each nominee’s correct email address as additional required information will be requested from nominees using the email address submitted in the nomination form.
Important Dates for the 2017 Board of Visitors
· August 1, 2016: Nominations open
· October 1, 2016: Nominations close
· October 3, 2016: Application process begins
· January 6, 2017: Board of Visitors Class of 2017-2019 Announced
· The Class of 2017-2019 are introduced at the Winter Board Meeting