The Crystal Arch Society
The Abraham Baldwin Society
The 1785 Society

The Presidents Club
Benefactors
Fellows
Partners
Associates
Founders



 

Mr. and Mrs. Craig Barrow III

Barrow

At the 2013 Celebration of Support, Mr. and Mrs. Craig Barrow III, were recognized as members of the 1785 Society for their longtime relationship and generous contributions to the University of Georgia. Craig and Dianna Barrow have a deep history at UGA and in the state of Georgia. Craig represents the ninth generation of the Barrow family to attend the University of Georgia and reside at the Historic Wormsloe Site in the family's early 19th century house located near Savannah. The Wormsloe landscape offers innumerable avenues for research and inspiration. Support from the Barrows and the Wormsloe Foundation Trustees exceeds $1.1 million to benefit many UGA programs including the Libraries; the University of Georgia Press; Academic Affairs; the Franklin College of Arts & Sciences; the Graduate School; the State Botanical Garden of Georgia; and initiatives, study and research associated with the Wormsloe Institute for Environmental History in partnership with the College of Environment & Design.

Craig Barrow III is a 1965 economics graduate from UGA. An original organizer of Savannah Bank, Barrow is managing director of Sterne, Agee and Leach, Inc. A founder of the Board of Visitors for the UGA Libraries, he is also founder and current chairman of the UGA Press Advisory Council and a former Foundation Trustee. Diana earned a bachelor's degree in English from UGA in 1965 and served as secretary/treasurer of the senior class. Currently, she is chairwoman of the Wormsloe Foundation, a member of the board of directors of the Garden Club of America, president of the Directresses of the Telfair Women's Hospital and a member of the board of the State Botanical Garden of Georgia. In 2010, the Barrow Family received the UGA Alumni Association's Family of The Year award.

Created in 1951, the Wormsloe Foundation primarily supports the Wormsloe Institute for Environmental History and the preservation of the DeRenne Collection, a unique group of books and manuscripts documenting Georgia history from Colonial times to present day. The DeRenne Collection was given to UGA in 1938 and is presently housed in the Hargrett Rare Book & Manuscript Library at the UGA Special Collections Library, reinforcing a lasting relationship between Wormsloe and UGA. In addition, the Barrows and the Wormsloe Foundation Trustees have generously supported the UGA Press's publication of a body of work on the history and culture of Georgia and the South.

The Barrow's Celebration of Support video:

Craig and Diana's leadership and support of University of Georgia Libraries brought the Special Collections Library building to fruition as they championed the effort with Craig serving as Chairman.

See more photos from the event