Given our current circumstances surrounding COVID-19, we know our alumni are preoccupied with adjusting to the new temporary normal. Therefore we are asking our DAR and UGA colleagues to please consider nominating for the Alumni Association’s 40 Under 40 and Bulldog 100 programs. We want to honor our alumni who are out there making a difference in the world every day. The nomination for each only takes a few minutes!
40 Under 40
40 Under 40 program recognizes the personal, professional and philanthropic achievements of UGA graduates under the age of 40. The celebration takes place on campus on September 25, 2020. Details forthcoming.
How it works:
- Nominations are open February 10, 2020, to April 17, 2020. Fill out a nomination form at alumni.uga.edu/40u40 and make sure the alum meets the following requirements.
- Earned an undergraduate or graduate degree from UGA
- Is under 40 as of September 1, 2020
- Is willing to submit a headshot, if selected, that can be published by units within the University of Georgia
- Aspires to uphold the principles manifested in the three Pillars of the Arch
- Demonstrates a commitment to maintaining a lifelong relationship with UGA
- Has made an impact in their professional and philanthropic endeavors
- Answer the following 2 questions about your nominee.
- List the top 2-3 achievements that make this individual worthy of being named a 40 Under 40 honoree (2,000 character limit, approximately 280 words)
- Describe the individual and why you are nominating him/her/them and what impact they have made in business, leadership, artistic or educational endeavors, research and/or philanthropic activities. (3,000 character limit, approximately 420 words)
- The nominees will receive an email to fill out the application in April. Please encourage them to fill out the application during this time.
- There is a series of committees that discuss and decide the top 40 honorees.
- The announcement of the 40 Under 40 Honorees will be in July.
- 40 Under 40 Celebration is in September.
Self-nominations are not accepted for the 40 Under 40 program.
Another signature event hosted by the Alumni Association is Bulldog 100. This program recognizes the 100 fastest-growing companies owned or operated by UGA alumni. By celebrating Dawgs on top and it has become an annual opportunity to applaud outstanding achievements, broaden networks and inspire one another in a shared pursuit for greatness.
How it works:
- Nominations can be submitted year-round. Fill out a nomination form at alumni.uga.edu/b100 and make sure the companies meet the following requirements.
- Been in business since January 2016.
- Have verifiable revenues of $100,000 or more in the calendar year 2017.
- The CEO, president, managing partner or owner must be a former UGA student and must own at least 50 percent of the business.
- Operate in a manner consistent with the Pillars of the Arch and in keeping with the values and image of the University of Georgia.
- Companies will be ranked based on the compounded annual growth rate for the years 2017, 2018 and 2019. All qualified businesses, regardless of location, are encouraged to participate.
- Companies nominated by June 30th will be considered for the Class of 2021. Companies nominated after July 1st will be considered for the Class of 2022.
- The application link will be emailed to the alums and will need to be completed. The application is available from 8/1/2020 to 10/1/2020. But the financials for 2017, 2018 and 2019 are sent to our account partner Warren Averett by 10/20/2020. The UGA Alumni Association partners with the Atlanta office of Warren Averett CPAs and Advisors each year to review nominated businesses’ financial records to determine the ranked list. Business financial information will not be shared at any time in the process. The ranked list will only have the company’s name.
- Top 100 businesses will be announced in November 2020.
- All honorees of the top 100 businesses are invited to Athens for the Bulldog 100 Celebration and Countdown, where the ranked list is revealed usually in February 2021.
It is very important to enter each nominee’s correct email address as additional required information will be requested from nominees using the email address submitted in the nomination form. If you have any questions, contact Nyaboke Machini at firstname.lastname@example.org or (404)814-8812.