The Corporate Relations team cultivates relationships with organizations whose mission and interests align with the University of Georgia’s priorities. Our goal in developing these relationships is to create positive outcomes for both the organization and UGA, whether that’s hiring talented students, supporting program and initiatives on campus, funding university research or anything else that lives at the intersection of their interests and ours.
As a centralized office, we assist all areas of UGA in making connections and seeking partnership opportunities. We are fortunate to work closely with all schools, colleges, departments and units at the university as we help facilitate relationships with private and public corporations whose purposes overlap with the university’s mission as the state’s land- and sea-grant institution.
The Corporate Relations team strives to:
- Collaborate with schools, colleges, units and departments across campus to strengthen corporate partnerships. We practice a holistic approach to corporate relations, engaging companies in multiple areas on campus that complement their interests.
- Support stewardship efforts to show a company’s impact on campus.
- Identify prospective corporations that are interested in hiring our students, supporting programs and initiatives and/or sponsoring research at UGA.
- Create new relationships and steward existing partnerships with corporations, acting as an advocate for UGA faculty and staff with potential foundation funders.
- Meet with faculty, program staff and development teams to discuss funding opportunities and develop cultivation plans for future funding needs to identify potential resources.
- Make connections at the university based on a company’s needs, including hosting a corporation on campus or bringing UGA experts to the company’s place of business. Corporate Engagement is a vital part of this effort, connecting the university to not just companies, but UGA alumni in the working world.
- Partner with the Innovation Gateway team to engage industry in a research capacity at UGA.
- Review and edit proposals and letters of inquiry (LOI) to ensure information is presented in such a way that it resonates with corporations’ interests and is coordinated with other potential outreach initiatives concerning the company in question.
Our team of experienced professionals has a passion for UGA and a desire to assist our students, faculty and staff in furthering recruitment efforts, research, experiential learning opportunities and student support areas on campus. Contact us today to find out what Corporate Relations can do to help you!