Gift Accounting is pleased to offer an enhanced service for routing and obtaining signatures for new commitments. Previously, completing an electronic pledge form meant printing, signing, and scanning. Now, we can route pledge forms through DocuSign to securely obtain signatures and save our donors the hassle of scanning and emailing completed forms. We understand that timing is everything. We have structured document routing to give development officers control over when a donor receives the electronic form. Please see the steps below to request the routing of an electronic pledge form.
Instructions for initiating DocuSign pledge forms
- Add pledge details and donor information to UGA Foundation’s PDF pledge form, including donor’s preferred email address. Pledge forms customized for a specific school or college are also acceptable.
- Email completed form to Gift Accounting at email@example.com and indicate whether you or someone else would like to serve as the Development Contact for the pledge.
- Gift Accounting will upload the document into DocuSign, arrange the workflow, and prepare the form for the donor’s signature and the collection of any missing information.
- The first DocuSign recipient is the Development Contact, who will receive via email for review and to control when the donor receives. When they open the form and click the “Approve” button, it will be immediately routed to the donor.
- The next DocuSign recipient is the donor, who will receive via email for review and signature.
- The final DocuSign recipients are the Development Contact and Gift Accounting, who will receive the completed form via email for their records. Gift Accounting will record the pledge in GAIL as soon as possible. Unless there are any follow-up questions, there is no need to do anything else.
While forms will be uploaded and routed as quickly as possible, we ask that you give Gift Accounting a two-business-day turnaround after sending a request to ensure your form is available when you need to route to your donor.
Remember, Gift Accounting will continue to collect hard copy pledges. If you have a donor who would prefer to sign a paper form, please mail or deliver to One Press Place as you traditionally have.